**Needs to be booked in advance**
After the procedure done in theatre:
- Ask someone to take you home and please try to rest for the remainder of the day.
- Have an adult stay with you until you’re fully alert.
- Don’t perform any strenuous or hazardous activities and don’t drive a motor vehicle for the rest of the day.
- Your mouth will be numb in the areas we had to work. Please be careful not to bite your lip or cheek.
- Don’t eat a heavy meal immediately after the procedure. If you’re hungry, eat something light, e.g. liquids and toast.
- If you experience nausea, please lie down for a while. If it continues, please phone the surgery.
- Don’t drink alcohol (or any medication) for the rest of the day unless you’ve contacted your dentist first.
- Take medications as directed by your dentist.
- If you have any unusual problems, please phone the surgery!
Theatre is ususally necessary if the desired dental treatment can’t be performed in the dental rooms (or in the chair).
We prefer to treat children who:
- Need a lot of dental work
- Are scared
- Have special needs
The two theatres we usually make use of are:
- Cape Dental Theatre
- Mediclinic Constantiaberg