**Needs to be booked in advance**
Conscious sedation is a safe and effective option for patients who are scared and needs to have minor dental procedures.
It allows patients to recover quickly and resume normal daily activities in a short period of time.
- Ask someone to take you home and please try to rest for the remainder of the day.
- Have an adult stay with you until you’re fully alert.
- Don’t perform any strenuous or hazardous activities and don’t drive a motor vehicle for the rest of the day.
- Your mouth will be numb in the areas we had to work. Please be careful not to bite your lip or cheek.
- Don’t eat a heavy meal immediately after the procedure. If you’re hungry, eat something light, e.g. liquids and toast.
- If you experience nausea, please lie down for a while. If it continues, please phone the surgery.
- Don’t drink alcohol (or any medication) for the rest of the day unless you’ve contacted your dentist first.
- Take medications as directed by your dentist.
- If you have any unusual problems, please phone the surgery!
Infuse Sedation services: http://drshaunmcqueen.wix.com/infuse#!faq/cl8u